[Twisted-Python] irc server run by twisted and (probably) django

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Thu Oct 16 16:56:15 EDT 2008

On Oct 16, 2008, at 4:26 PM, Manuel Meyer wrote:
> But I don't know how to inform IRCServer about changes in the site/
> db. Maybe by adding another network protocol to the twisted
> application, where django's signals could leave a note?

I may be missing something, but if you keep all your data in the DB,
there's no need to notify the irc server of changes to the DB.

The only time you'll need this user information (it seems) is while
responding to /join and /list requests. Just read the DB at that time.

What's nice about this is the DB takes care of most if not all of your
synchronization requirements, so you have far fewer concurrency issues
to think about than if you were broadcasting changes from the web app
to the irc server.

-phil