[Twisted-Python] mystery exception

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Oct 14 22:15:08 EDT 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 18:14:47 -0700, Vadim Zaliva <krokodil at gmail.com> wrote:
>I am writing network proxy, based on proxy.py code. I am also using
>getPage() and deffered. From time to time I am getting this mystery
>exception, the source of which I could not track. Does anybody knows
>what could be causing it? I am pretty sure I am not closing any sokets
>twice in my code. The code writing 'x' seems weird to me.

Something in your program broke the reactor.  Or you found a bug in the
reactor which causes it to break itself.  It doesn't seem likely anyone
will be able to figure out which or how without seeing your actually
source, though.  If you can provide a minimal example of this, and it's
a bug in Twisted, we should be able to fix it.  This is a pretty central
piece of functionality, though, and it gets exercised all the time, so
chances are good that there's something in your program that's causing it.

The specific problem is that a pipe file descriptor, internal to the
reactor, has been closed.  The reactor is not expecting this to happen,
and it shouldn't, since it never closes it.

Jean-Paul