[Twisted-Python] CONNECTION_LOST not an integer (docstring error?)

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Oct 1 14:04:12 EDT 2008

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 12:00:29 -0600, Michael McNeil Forbes <mforbes at physics.ubc.ca> wrote:
>Several places in the documentation refer to the method writeSomeData ()
>returning a negative integer if the connection is lost.  (In  particular
>/api/ twisted.internet.abstract.FileDescriptor.html#writeSomeData.)
>
>However, twisted.internet.main.CONNECTION_LOST is often returned  which is
>not an integer.
>
>The documentation and code should be brought into sync unless there  is a
>more up-to-date reference that I am missing.

Hardly anyone actually needs `writeSomeData`.  It's mostly an implementation
detail of a certain group of reactors.

However, if you'd like, please feel free to open a ticket in the issue
tracker and attach a documentation patch.  Suggestions or patches on the
mailing list will typically be forgotten.

Jean-Paul