[Twisted-Python] TLS broken with twisted.words.protocols.jabber

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Sat Nov 22 20:44:18 MST 2008

* glyph at divmod.com <glyph at divmod.com> [2008-11-23 03:25:37 -0000]:

> My understanding is that upstream added the feature, but left it
> disabled by default, then debian turned it on in their build
> configuration.

I guess maybe this is the problem, then:

openssl (0.9.8g-7) unstable; urgency=low

  * Upload to unstable.

 -- Kurt Roeckx <kurt at roeckx.be>  Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:22:29 +0000

[...]

openssl (0.9.8g-5) experimental; urgency=low

  * Enable tlsext.  This changes the ABI, but should hopefully
    not cause any problems. (Closes: #462596)

 -- Kurt Roeckx <kurt at roeckx.be>  Sat, 09 Feb 2008 13:32:49 +0100

#462596 is "openssl: Please include support for tls extensions / server
name indication", which provides this motivation:

Apache will probably start to support server name indication (SNI) in
one of the next 2.2.x releases. To use it,  TLS extension support needs
to be compiled into openssl. This has been added to openssl 0.9.8f but
is not activated by default.

>>> OpenSSL CHANGES
> (...)
>>>      This work was sponsored by Google.
>>>      [Steve Henson]
>
> That particular line was a little funny though.

Teehee :)