[Twisted-Python] Import TypeError

James Joplin thejayjay at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 20:15:39 MST 2008

I've been doing some embedded python work and everything has been working
like a charm thusfar!  Twisted has saved us tons of work, hats off to the
development team.

I have been having issues with shutting down twisted completely (I think).
 Even upon executing Py_Finalize or Py_EndInterpreter as necessary upon
re-entering our browser plugin we hit an exception during twisted import.

Here is my traceback :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "ourCode.py", line 8, in <module>
    from twisted.spread import pb
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\twisted\spread\pb.py", line 69, in
<module>
    from zope.interface import implements, Interface
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\zope\interface\__init__.py", line 58,
in <module>
    _wire()
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\zope\interface\interface.py", line
809, in _wire
    classImplements(Attribute, IAttribute)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\zope\interface\declarations.py", line
461, in classImplements
    spec = implementedBy(cls)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\zope\interface\declarations.py", line
332, in implementedByFallback
    if isinstance(spec, Implements):
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Changing the order of imports hasn't seemed to matter, looks to me like
something in zope init blows up if it's already loaded.

Is there a safe way to make sure the threads are dead?  To clean imports
out?  Anything?  I haven't been able to find much documentation to help me
overcome the problem and I CANNOT forcibly unload our app from browser
memory.

If the C++ code we are using for startup / shutdown let me know and I will
post it as well.

Regards,

James