[Twisted-Python] Re: Event notification and general RPC in Twisted...

Black python at blackslens.com
Wed Nov 5 08:52:46 MST 2008

I'm going to chime in here with a pretty general comment...

On Nov 5, 2008, at 1:18 AM, Blair Bethwaite wrote:

> Guess I'll have to take a closer look at the Java implementation. Not
> sure why I didn't stumble across AMP before but looks promising...

I can probably guess why you didn't stumble across AMP, because it
took me a long time to discover it as well. The problem is that ti
isn't really discussed anywhere in the Twisted documentation (other
than in the API description). It is, I think, one of the better kept
secrets in the Twisted arsenal. The only exception is on this list,
where it comes up frequently as the solution to a lot of problems
(though without much detail). I wonder if there wouldn't be some
benefit to adding a section in the core documentation near the section
on the PB... I would write some myself, but I didn't find AMP in time
and wrote the apps I currently work with using PB or custom protocols
and I just haven't had the time to learn AMP and work with it...