[Twisted-Python] twisted reverse proxy for web filtering

dave fowler davefowler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 22:54:17 EST 2008

I'm making a simple app that will run a local proxy and redirect me away
from distracting websites.  For example, if I go to facebook.com I'd like it
to instead send me to google.com

I'd like to use python and in my research I think a twisted reverse proxy is
what I want.  I've done the examples for setting up a proxy, including one
that counts the words on the pages you visit, but i cannot find anything on
fetching the destination and re-directing.  I've been sifting through the
many classes of the proxy examples and am pretty lost.  Does anyone have
some example code for something like this?

Thanks

Dave