[Twisted-Python] Running a GUI application based on PyQt

Nahuel Defossé nahueldefosse at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Nov 24 03:37:34 EST 2008

Hi,
I'm trying to use a simple application based in twisted.internet.Protocol with
PyQt4.
PyQt has its own way of dealing with events, I've tried to run the reactor in
a thread, but it says it only can acquire SIGINT from the main thread :(
I've tried the code posted in qt4reactor.py but it doesn't work. It fails
telling that a reactor's been already installed.
Is it possible to use PyQt4 (v.4.4) with twisted?

Thanks
Nahuel