[Twisted-Python] Re: Event notification and general RPC in Twisted...

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 12:18:52 EST 2008

I also highly recommend Foolscap (http://foolscap.lothar.com/trac),
which was designed as a next generation PB-like RPC protocol.  Some
advantages of Foolscap:

* Security is built-in and easy to use.  The security model of
Foolscap is based on the object capability model and is really nice.
If you need security (encryption+authentication) Foolscap is the way
to go.  PB can be made secure, but it is not straighforward.

* Much better support for streaming large objects than PB or AMP has.

We have used PB extensively as well though and if you don't need
security or the ability to handle large objects, it it great.

Bran