[Twisted-Python] [ANN] Foolscap-0.2.6 released

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Tue May 6 15:35:52 EDT 2008

On May 6, 2008, at 3:24 PM, Brian Warner wrote:
> I've just finished releasing Foolscap-0.2.6, the next-generation
> remote
> object protocol, intended as the successor to Perspective Broker.

With all respect (as I am very interested and excited by the work
being done with Foolscap), I have to ask if it is still accurate to
market Foolscap as the 'successor' or 'replacement' for PB.

Considering the confusion around a similar situation (e.g., web2 as a
rewrite of web1), it seems like it would be best to avoid referring to
something as the replacement for Twisted component until that's
actually the case...

Just my 2/100ths...

-phil