[Twisted-Python] Perspective Broker vs AMP

Simon Pickles sipickles at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 02:00:40 MDT 2008

Hi,

You may have seen my recent posts about data comms across nodes of
server network.

Phil kindly pointed me towards PB and AMP which, after some fiddling
both look viable. However, I do have one question: If clients can
request remote data from the server, is the reverse possible?

As I understand PB, a client can get the root object of a
PBServerFactory, thru which it can call methods with the 'remote_'
prefix. I'm not clear how this can work in the other direction. As for
AMP, this seems similar - the client uses callRemote() to execute remote
methods on the amp server.

Since I have node clients all talking through a server, I need the
client to make requests to the server, which in turn requests the
appropriate data from the corresponding client.

Thanks for any advice on this

Regards

Simon

--