[Twisted-Python] Twisted/Kamaelia integration in GSOC ?

Michael ms at cerenity.org
Fri Mar 28 09:51:58 MDT 2008

Hi,

This is just a note to say that it would be really interesting to see someone
making it easier to use Kamaelia from Twisted and/or vice versa as part of
summer of code.

Whilst we can use Twisted by putting in a seperate process or thread, that's
rather more coarse grained than I'd like it to be. Similarly, if people want
to use Kamaelia from Twisted you can put kamaelia a thread and access it
using the likefile[1] interface, but it'd be nice to make this sort of thing
more idiomatic for both sides.

Anyway, I wanted to keep this short, so here's a couple of links:
   * http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/SummerOfCode2008
   * http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/MiniAxon/
   * http://kamaelia.sourceforge.net/Components

I think it's clear why we'd like to be able to work nicely with Twisted :-)

Have fun,

Michael.
--
http://yeoldeclue.com/blog