[Twisted-Python] regarding xml elements

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Fri Mar 28 08:51:10 MDT 2008

On Mar 28, 2008, at 10:45 AM, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:32:44 -0400, Phil Christensen <phil at bubblehouse.org
> > wrote:
>> On Mar 28, 2008, at 7:44 AM, Raj kumar wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have an xml file in my application,
>>> I have created an element using
>>> Example goes like this.........
>>>
>>> document.createElement("abc")
>>>
>> It sounds like you're working with t.w.microdom.
>
> If so, stop.
>
> Don't use twisted.web.microdom.  There are plenty of better XML
> libraries
> for Python.

What's wrong with it? It's got a familiar API, and it's easier to work
with than the built-in expat parser. If you've already got a
dependency on Twisted, it seems like a good choice unless you need a
high level of performance.

If it's so bad that you'd tell someone not to use it, why isn't it
deprecated?

-phil