[Twisted-Python] Re: SSL + AMP

Nathan nathan.stocks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 15:14:10 MDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Nathan <nathan.stocks at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Nathan <nathan.stocks at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > I'm not concious of changing anything, but the error has changed to simply:
>  >
>  >  [('SSL routines', 'SSL3_READ_BYTES', 'ssl handshake failure')]
>  >
>  >  ...and none of the _verify() debugging output is being printed out on
>  >  either side anymore.  Weird!
>
>  Ooops, ignore this last email.  I found that I had routed stderr away,
>  and wasn't seeing a crash caused by a typo I introduced after (almost)
>  getting the ssl to work.
>
>  So it's back to the first error now:
>
>  [('SSL routines', 'SSL3_READ_BYTES', 'sslv3 alert certificate
>  unknown'), ('SSL routines', 'SSL3_READ_BYTES', 'ssl handshake
>  failure')]

It works!  After finding that I had lost track of stderr, I found that
the ssl error had an error on this line:

 logging.info('  issuer:', x509.get_issuer())

which ought to be:

 logging.info('  issuer:%s' % x509.get_issuer())

Thanks for all the help!  It looks like my AMP+SSL connection is up and running!

~ Nathan