[Twisted-Python] Re: writing back to the connection is blocking my code

coder_gus coder_gus at lavabit.com
Fri Mar 21 08:07:36 MDT 2008

Hi, thanks for answering and clarifying this - until now you where the
only one that told me there no way of sending data if there is no event
on the server. So what I am trying to achieve, I have asked a couple of
weeks ago too about this matter (actually about the architecure): I want
to write an application server that receives data from clients (client
app written in delphi), data is in xml format (I want to write it using
a bare-bone protocol and not an xml-rpc server). The data the client
sends are some requests for some specific data hold in a database. So,
the client makes a request, request that is hold in a synchronized queue
together with an instance of the client's connection. A coordinator
takes the data from that queue and gives it to some xml threads to parse
it and the same coordinator take the parsed data from the xml threads
and give some workers to do the bussiness work. This workers place the
result in a queue from where the coordinator takes care of sending it
back to the clients. I will be using sqlalchemy for database communication.
I know the architecture is pretty weird from the twisted perspective,
but when the dev-manager wants to do it that way, what can you do? So
that is the thing I want to achieve and from this started my question;
when the workers finish their work, they have the result, place it in a
queue and from there I have to send it to the clients asap, without
waiting the server for events.

Not sure if I made myself clear as I am not a native-English speaker.

Thanks for you patience. :)