[Twisted-Python] Twisted 8.0.0pre1

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Mar 18 09:01:37 MDT 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:37:12 -0400, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:

>On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 17:01 +0300, Burus Gmail wrote:
>> Hm... Why 8.0 ? It's special edition =)?
>
>The new versioning scheme uses the current year (2008) as the basis for
>overall releases. Twisted Core will be version 2.6.

Actually we decided that this was confusing and didn't provide much benefit,
so everything is going to be 8.0.  As a consequence, it will be easier to tell
when a Twisted installation is bogus, because the version number of the sub-
projects won't match up with each other or with the overall Twisted version
number.

>> In the official resource i find only this
>> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ReleaseAutomation.
>> Where i can read more about new features
>
>There should be a NEWS file in the tarball.

Yep, a really big one that David Reid and Christopher Armstrong spent a lot
of time writing up.

Jean-Paul