[Twisted-Python] Choosing a logging system.

Thomas Hervé therve at free.fr
Fri Mar 7 09:38:20 MST 2008

Quoting IloChab <ilochab at gmail.com>:

> I'm almost new with twisted and I'm going to implement a new application
> that will use Perspective Broker.
>
> I'll need logging facilities like python's logging module, in particular
> filtering functions and one logging server per node.
> I thought I could use twisted log-observers, but I saw i can't use socket
> into them.

Why? It may be a bit tricky, and it currently doesn't exist, but
there's no immediate problem with doing that (without thinking about
it much, though).

> So my questions are:
> can I use python logging module into a twisted application?

Yes, there's a PythonLoggingObserver (only in trunk) to do that.

> can I use socket that I handle by my self into a twisted application?

If you mean using the logging socket handler, no you can't do that,
because it's blocking.

--
Thomas