[Twisted-Python] Re: Trying to get twisted.protocols.amp to work with py2app...

Andreas Kostyrka andreas at kostyrka.org
Thu Mar 6 07:49:52 MST 2008

Am Mittwoch, den 05.03.2008, 15:01 -0500 schrieb Phil Christensen:

Well, how buggy it is, is open to discussion. Clearly distutils becames
quite nicer when upgraded to setuptools. But having no packaging format
is not a solution either. I have no idea how long you've been doing
Python but I do remember the times when most C language modules came
without any build support (figure out the compiler call yourself, and
enjoy), or Makefile fragements at best.

So despite all potentially problematic aspects of
distutils/setuptools/pypi, it's a vast improvement. (Compare pypi to the
Vault of Parnassus and tell me that it is not an improvement)

Andreas