[Twisted-Python] win32 reactors

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Fri Mar 28 09:39:58 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 06:23 +0000, James Mansion wrote:

> Shouldn't broken Win32 implementations be 'retired'?

The old I/O Completion Ports reactor (which should be most scalable
Win32 reactor) was somewhat buggy. Twisted 8.0, released this week, has
a complete rewrite that hopefully is a lot better.

> Also - is there any way to determine how much data is queued for write
> against an ITransport?

You might want to look at the producer/consumer APIs (there's a howto),
they let you know at least when the buffer becomes full or becomes
empty. The APIs could be improved to provide more info or configurable
thresholds, but that hasn't been done yet.