[Twisted-Python] symlink support in filepath.FilePath

Ying Li cyli at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 24 10:34:00 EDT 2008

I've been trying to put a few patches into twisted.python.filepath lately to support symlinks.  This is because I'm trying to implement a conch SFTP server using FilePath.

I know FilePath is supposed to be cross-platform, so I am wondering how to go about it.  For instance, it would be really easy to add a flag to restat that specifies whether to use os.stat o os.lstat.

But how should I handle the getAccessTime/etc. functions?  Should I add a FilePath.symlink() function (that creates a symlink to said FilePath)?

Should I just implement my own subclass of FilePath that handles symlinks and not try to change FilePath?

Thanks for the help,
Ying