[Twisted-Python] Re: writing back to the connection is blocking my code

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Thu Mar 20 11:32:02 EDT 2008

coder_gus wrote:

> Ok, this link answered a few of my questions (stupid of me that I
> haven't looked on that before I posted), but my question still stands:
> how do I send data to a client whenever I want from wherever I want and
> that data to be send as fast as possible,

The code in the faq that glyph pointed you to will do what you want, if I
understand your requirements correctly. Heres the link again:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#HowdoImakeinputononeconnectionresultinoutputonanother

> without the code waiting for
> the reactor to answer to some events?

Your transmission *might* have to wait if the operating system transmit
buffers are already full, and, if so, the reactor is the mechanism which
means your new data can wait without blocking the whole process.