[Twisted-Python] helping out

Dave Peticolas dave at krondo.com
Wed Mar 19 00:11:02 EDT 2008

Hello all, it was great to meet so many of you in person at Pycon,
I only wish I had come to an earlier one!

I'm glad I was able to plug Twisted at Pycon. I do need to set the
record straight, as I only realized today that I got a bit confused
in my numbers. During my plug, I mentioned one of our twisted servers
had served 100 billion queries. I'm afraid it was actually 1 billion,
not one hundred. I think I was conflating it with another metric we
were touting from our booth for recruiting purposes. Either that, or
I'm just a nitwit :) Sorry for the mistake, once they get past a
certain number of zeroes, I kind of lose track.

The bottom line was, we were really impressed with Twisted's ability
to make making robust servers easy.

I'm going to try to help out with twisted.enterprise some more.
I think the most pressing issue there is the need to deprecate most
everything outside of adbapi? Anyway, I'll start reading up on the
new development model and hop on irc pretty soon.

later,
dave