[Twisted-Python] Re: Trying to get twisted.protocols.amp to work with py2app...

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Wed Mar 5 15:01:57 EST 2008

On Mar 5, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Steve Holden wrote:
> Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
>> Am Mittwoch, den 05.03.2008, 11:59 -0500 schrieb Steve Holden:
>>> Nathan wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Yes. Just add the zip file to sys.path and you can import modules
>>> contained in the files inside the zip.
>> Although gentlemen call such files eggs :-P
> How would I be supposed to know what gentlemen do? ;-)

It's easy. "Gentlemen", when used in this context, means "someone who
designs a packaging system without broad community input, and creates
a buggy implementation that is somehow accepted into the language
distribution, thus forcing developers all around the world to stick to
their ill-defined standard."

I remember it by using the mnemonic device
SWDAPSWBCIACABITISAITLDTFDAAWTSTTIDS...

-phil