[Twisted-Python] Re: http server performance

Marc Byrd dr.marc.byrd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 15:22:54 EST 2008

Clearly image_retrieve should also be async.  All the beauty of twisted is
destroy by locking it for such a retrieve.  Almost anything that goes
offboard (incl. filesystem) should be a deferred.  The only exception i've
found is memcached, because it's so dang fast ;^)

I presume your needs are slightly beyond your code sample, which may have
been modified for clarity, but if not, other web servers and proxys
suggested may be a good way to go.