[Twisted-Python] IPv6 support in Python Twisted

David Ripton dripton at ripton.net
Tue Jun 24 08:49:06 MDT 2008

On 2008.06.24 15:09:07 +0200, Cedric Delfosse wrote:
> I'm wondering what is the current status of IPv6 support in the Twisted
> framework. I only found this ipv6.py file there:
> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/sandbox/exarkun/ipv6.py
>
> Is IPv6 support scheduled in Twisted roadmap ?

I don't think so.

See http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3014

The code that's there basically works (TCP only; I didn't tackle UDP
yet).  It hasn't been merged into trunk.

Changing Twisted to support IPv6 is not that hard.  The hard part is
doing so without breaking backward compatibility or making public APIs
uglier.

David Ripton    dripton at ripton.net