[Twisted-Python] chaining deferreds

Andy Hird andyhird at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 00:39:06 MDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been trying to get a really basic example of chaining deferreds going
with no luck. I was hoping someone could give me some help and tell me where
I'm going wrong.

I've attached the basic code to this message.

I'd expect output to be:

constructed deferred
setup everything
printing:  hello mr
doing something else: printed something
finishing up with: done something else

But instead the callback chain stops after print_something() has been called
(do_something inbetween and finish_up are never called).

Thanks for any help in advance!

Andy Hird