[Twisted-Python] twisted.protocols.telnet is deprecated. But how should I migrate?

Curt curtferguson at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jun 8 06:04:11 MDT 2008

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 20:24:32 +0200, Marcin Kasperski
> <marcin.kasperski at softax.com.pl> wrote:
>>
>> So: how should one migrate twisted.telnet.Telnet to
>> twisted.conch.telnet? Does there exist any example of simple telnet
>> server?
>>

> http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2007-June/015623.html
> may help somewhat.  There are also some examples in doc/conch/examples/
> and on the website.
>
> twisted.conch.telnet.Telnet is a much more complete telnet
> implementation.
> It also lacks the application-specific features that were present in
> twisted.protocols.telnet.Telnet, like welcomeMessage and loggedIn.
>
> AuthenticatingTelnetProtocol is vaguely like the old Telnet class, but it
> is intended more as an example of what kind of things you can do, rather
> than a robust base class for whatever your application requires.
>
> Jean-Paul
This link is the information I've been trying to find for two weeks. :)
Thanks for posting it, and to the OP for posting the right question.
Trying to learn twisted and python at the same time.  So far I've got a
server that will allow chatting via SSH or TCP, I've been attempting to
get telnet negotiation working right on the straight TCP side, this
should help a lot.