[Twisted-Python] How do I get the reactor to stop on an exception

Gerrat Rickert grickert at coldstorage.com
Tue Jun 3 15:23:57 MDT 2008

I'm running a rather involved simulation using twisted, and it would be
preferable if I could get the reactor to just drop me into the
interpreter on any exception so I could examine the current state of
things.

I set os.environ['PYTHONINSPECT'] = '1', but the reactor seems to trap
any exceptions and just merrily carry on - logging my tracebacks to a
file, but continuing to run - modifying the current state of things and
making it harder to track down bugs.

Is there an easy way to prevent the reactor from trapping exceptions?

Thanks,

Gerrat