[Twisted-Python] Re: How to detect dead client connections in twisted

Alvin Delagon adelagon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 01:21:57 MDT 2008

Yes it supposed to be handled by the tcp_keepalive itself (as I assumed).
The weird thing was that we had this configuration:

Ubuntu Linux Server 2.6.15-26
tcp_keepalive_time 7200
tcp_keepalive_probes 9
tcp_keepalive_intvl 75

I have an XMPP client last sent a packet to the server at May 29 15:57:25
telling that it will enter an idle state. On May 30 approx 08:00:00 I shut
down my PC which hosts my XMPP client thus causing a half-opened state. The
next day (17:41:11) while checking the logs, its still in half-opened state
and my server still thinks that I'm online. It seems that tcp_keepalive
kernel feature that's supposed to run every 2 hours didn't kick in.

---
Alvin Delagon

http://www.alvinatorsplayground.blogspot.com/