[Twisted-Python] Example for a new protocol over TCP

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 02:51:31 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm new to twisted and I'm trying to implement a set of protocols
(already available in Java, JXSE). I lamost know how I will set up the
different services that will communicate through the reactor, but I'm
starting from the beginning, so here is my real question.
How can I set up a factory (using a TCP protocol) so that when I want
to send a message to someone, it connects though TCP to the other
computer, they exchange a welcome message, and only then the message
is sent though the TCP protocol ? Of course, it is not as simple as
this, but if someone has a pointer, I will be able to fill the missing
pieces in my design ;)

Thanks,
Matthieu
--