[Twisted-Python] TX project guidelines (was Re: Twisted service kit)

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Sat Jun 14 11:50:32 EDT 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, at 11:29 PM, Tim Allen wrote:
> On 14 Jun 2008, at 05:20, Phil Christensen wrote:
>> Still, I think we can all agree that projects should be
>> installable using distutils at the very least. The key thing here
>> is that for most projects you should be able to "python setup.py
>> install" and be done with it.
>>
>> Does anyone have any other suggestions? If we can come up with a
>> list of suggested criteria, I'll write up a spec to add to the TX
>> blueprints.
>
> It's not Twisted-specific, but I've always been a fan of JP's list:
>
> 	http://jcalderone.livejournal.com/39794.html

Ha, I've been copying Twisted/Divmod's packaging structure for a long
time, so this is right up my alley.

I think this is a great list. There's little I can think to add to
it, except for one thing, and that's license information.

I think it's probably safe to say that a standard LICENSE file should
go along with the README and setup.py

Any other thoughts?

-phil