[Twisted-Python] pyprocessing in twisted

Peter Sabaini peter at sabaini.at
Fri Jun 6 12:37:41 EDT 2008

On Friday 06 June 2008 18:24:57 Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 18:21:45 +0200, Peter Sabaini <peter at sabaini.at> wrote:
> >Hello list,
> >
> >probably a dumb question, but is it possible / a good idea to use
> >pyProcessing[1] in a Twisted application?
> >
> >More specifically, I'd like to run a Twisted process A that accepts data
> > from the network and sends it down to a process B through a
> > processing.Queue().
> >
> >Is that wise? Or should I just stick with reactor.spawnProcess() and
> >communicate with ProcessProtocol?
>
> Why are you interested in doing this?

I'd like to isolate code running in "process B" -- for now this is just a
prototype, but later on it could well be code I have not much control over,
so I don't want it to interact bad with Twisted. And I want to be able to
signal it etc. separately from the Twisted process. PyProcessing seemed like
an easy way to do this.

peter.