[Twisted-Python] Using twisted to manage processes

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 12:27:48 EDT 2008

Hi,

We have been using Twisted for a long time with IPython and we are
needing a nice general and cross platform way of managing processes
(spawning, sending signals, etc.).  I am aware of Twisted's process
management API and it looks like it would fit the bill rather well for
us.  But, I am wondering how cross platform it is.  We need to be able
to write code that works on Linux, OS X, AIX and Win32.  More
specifically, I know 0 about process control on Win32 and want to make
sure that Windows users will be able to use this stuff.  So, will the
process management stuff work on Win32?  Are there any issues I need
to be aware of on Win32 that the Twisted API won't quite handle?

Thanks,

Brian