[Twisted-Python] Re: Running a HTTP client connection through a SOCKS proxy

James Tanis jtanis at mdchs.org
Sun Jul 27 15:01:22 MDT 2008

"nnp" <version5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hrm, OK....I'm not sure if I have an odd view of the world or whether
> supporting HTTP proxies isn't all that important. Aren't HTTP proxies
> fairly common in large organisations and universities?

Yeah, but, except for when authentication is required, most of them are set
up to be transparent and hence don't really need support. I do realize that
there are authenticating http proxies, I have one set up at work, but I
guess it's not common enough yet to garner support.

--
James Tanis
Technical Coordinator
e: jtanis at mdchs.org