[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted Hosting and Twisted in the Cloud

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski at softax.com.pl
Tue Jul 8 11:02:41 MDT 2008

>  * Dedicated hosts, with Twisted libs pre-installed on them
>  * Virtual hosts/"slices" with Twisted libs pre-installed on them

Installing Twisted is easy enough ;-) If I manage dedicated host or
VPS, then installing twisted is a simple command, be it easy_install,
apt-get install, or yum something....

So I do not think there is much to be gained here. Maybe cheap shared
hosting with ability to run twisted apps could make some sense, but
... VPS are cheap nowadays.

Supported installation may be different story, but it can be uneasy
to draw a line where the support really ends....

Just my 2 cents.

PS I love VPS-s ;-)