[Twisted-Python] Re: "Failure: exceptions.TypeError: exceptions must be classes, instances, or strings..."

Don Dwiggins ddwiggins at advpubtech.com
Thu Jul 3 10:56:11 MDT 2008

Jonathan Lange wrote:
> Run it with Deferred.debug set to True. That'll give you more
> information about the source of the error. You might need to work with
> an unfrozen version here—I don't know for sure though.
>
> For what it's worth, "Unhandled Error" means that a Deferred has
> failed somewhere in its chain and there is no errback to handle that
> failure.

Thanks for the reply; I'll pursue it.

I'd like to dig a bit deeper into the reason for the missing traceback,
though.  I had a similar "exceptions must be classes" message a while
back, and fixed it by changing Failure.raiseException in failure.py to
raise self.__class__ rather than self.type.  That at least caused the
original reason for the exception to be shown.

Also, that change is still in place in the frozen exe (assuming py2exe
worked correctly), so something else is going on here.

Any ideas?

--
Don Dwiggins
Advanced Publishing Technology