[Twisted-Python] Re: Running a HTTP client connection through a SOCKS proxy

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Thu Jul 24 06:23:31 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 04:07:20PM +0100, nnp wrote:
> I just realised web proxy support would be much preferable to SOCKSv4
> (long day, very tired)...so...to alter my question....does twisted
> have support for proxying connections through a web proxy?

I believe Twisted doesn't support HTTP proxies of any kind. There is
support for SOCKSv4 in twisted.protocols.socks, but it's not immediately
evident to me how it works.

It seems to me that in an ideal world, there would be some kind of Proxy
class available that would look much like a reactor to the outside
world, but contain all the logic for reading proxy settings from the OS
and making outgoing connections via those configured proxies. One day,
if I get far enough down my list of potential weekend projects, I might
even do it myself.