[Twisted-Python] Waiting on a Deferred

Saketh saketh.bhamidipati at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 14:17:07 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to call asynchronous methods synchronously?

I'm asking because I have an xmlrpc.XMLRPC server which distributes a
calculation across several remote servers, collects the results in a
DeferredList, and wraps it all inside an xmlrpc_something method. Thus, it
needs to return the result to a web browser synchronously.

[Interface] -- [XMLRPC server] -- [Calculators]

This seems like it would be a common thing, getting the result of a
distributed calculation for a browser client, but I haven't been able to
figure it out. I appreciate any assistance!

Thanks,
Saketh