[Twisted-Python] check if user is in channel (twisted.words irc)

Marek Kubica marek at xivilization.net
Sun Jul 20 07:13:54 EDT 2008

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:28:57 +0200
"Michael Otteneder" <m.otteneder at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a simple way to check whatever a use with a specific
> name is in a channel or not. How could I do this? Im connecting to
> irc by subclassign the twisted.words.im.ircsupport.IRCProto class.

You have to issue a NAMES command and implement irc_RPL_NAMREPLY and
irc_RPL_ENDOFNAMES. I'm currently working on some nicer NAMES support
for Words but unfortunately I have quite a lot of things to do, so I'm
lagging a bit behind my original plans.

If you're interested you can take a look at ticket #3275:
<http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3275>

regards,
Marek