[Twisted-Python] "Failure: exceptions.TypeError: exceptions must be classes, instances, or strings..."

Jonathan Lange jml at mumak.net
Wed Jul 2 21:57:27 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Don Dwiggins <ddwiggins at advpubtech.com> wrote:
> I'm running an xmlrpc server, frozen with py2exe.  I'm getting an error
> message in the log file that reads:
>>
>> 2008/07/02 18:14 -0700 [-] Unhandled Error
>>        Traceback (most recent call last):
>>        Failure: exceptions.TypeError: exceptions must be classes,
>> instances, or strings (deprecated), not type
>
> ... and that's it: no traceback, no line number, no indication where the
> problem occured.  (I'm running Twisted 2.5.0, if it makes a difference.)
>  Any idea what I can do to make it be a bit more informative?

Run it with Deferred.debug set to True. That'll give you more
information about the source of the error. You might need to work with
an unfrozen version here—I don't know for sure though.

For what it's worth, "Unhandled Error" means that a Deferred has
failed somewhere in its chain and there is no errback to handle that
failure.

jml