[Twisted-Python] "Failure: exceptions.TypeError: exceptions must be classes, instances, or strings..."

Don Dwiggins ddwiggins at advpubtech.com
Wed Jul 2 21:44:49 EDT 2008

I'm running an xmlrpc server, frozen with py2exe.  I'm getting an error
message in the log file that reads:
> 2008/07/02 18:14 -0700 [-] Unhandled Error
> 	Traceback (most recent call last):
> 	Failure: exceptions.TypeError: exceptions must be classes, instances, or strings (deprecated), not type

... and that's it: no traceback, no line number, no indication where the
problem occured.  (I'm running Twisted 2.5.0, if it makes a difference.)
  Any idea what I can do to make it be a bit more informative?

Thanks,
--
Don Dwiggins
Advanced Publishing Technology