[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted Hosting and Twisted in the Cloud

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 11:01:41 EDT 2008

Hello Duncan:

>If you do, what kinds of apps (that you are currently running) do you
>want to be able to run in such environments? Simple web sites? DNS
>servers? Game servers? Chat applications? Web/data services apps?

Well I have been working on WS-BPEL (Web Service - Business Process Execution Language) processor prototypes.

>And lastly, what hosting companies are your favorites? Where would you
>be happiest, if they supported Twisted? Would you consider switching
>to a hosting provider that *did* support Twisted?

I have been looking at Amazon EC2. A part of EC2's appeal is that there are other services that I would use (i.e., SQS). I haven't looked into the EC2 environment in depth but I just assumed that I would have to set up Twisted as well as Stackless Python as a part of a custom AMI.

Cheers,
Andrew