[Twisted-Python] Soon to be not-a-newbie?

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Fri Jan 25 14:10:32 MST 2008

L. Daniel Burr wrote:
> Again, good stuff.  Which part do you have to leave behind?  The part that
> expects code to execute synchronously, or something else?

I'd guess this is the number one stumbling block.  That said, most
people come to Twisted *precisely because* they want asynchronous
execution.  It's a hard problem, and any reasonably intelligent
programmer quickly discovers that using Twisted is infinitely easier
than trying to cobble together a custom solution.  There are more than
enough learning resources available (online tutorials, the book, this
list, a very helpful irc channel).   I suggest ignoring the "twisted is
hard" crowd ... such people are probably looking for a simple(r)
solution where none (currently) exists.

Cheers,
Darran

--