[Twisted-Python] Senior Python developer position

Tim Stebbing tjstebbing at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 21:16:42 MST 2008

Senior Python Developer [AU]

[snip out jobsite preamble]..

G'day all, we're in need of another senior pythonista able to start
asap at our Melbourne offices. We run an online health and fitness
service which is growing into the global market, and the application
is being redeveloped to scale globally. The role will  primarily
involve implementing a distributed framework;  global authentication
mechanisms, business logic, RPC between nodes etc. There is plenty of
opportunity for free-thought, as a senior developer there is an
expectation you will be able to work autonomously on components and
meet deadlines, be a creative voice in the team, as well as assist the
more junior developers. This is a full time position, 70-90k neg based
on exp.

Technical requirements:
 - Strong OO design principals
 - 4+ years commercial experience
 - Demonstrable ability to code in Python
 - Experience with Open Source Relational Databases
 - Knowledge of web technologies such as HTML, XML, Javascript, XML-RPC
 - Strong unit testing skills

 Professional requirements:
 - Excellent written and verbal communication
 - Good expectation setting
 - Prioritisation and time management skills
 - Ownership of projects and relevant outcomes

 Desirable experience:
 - Knowledge of Zope3 application server
 - Knowledge of Twisted
 - Performance/Scalability knowledge