[Twisted-Python] Teach Me Twisted?

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 11:08:02 MST 2008

Hi Steve:

>I've been lurking on the list a while, and wondered
>how much of a Twisted presence there is going to be
at >PyCon in March.

Good question. I am giving a talk called "Adventures
in Stackless Python/Twisted Integration." The talk has
been labelled "advanced."

However for me, a large part of the "adventure" is
slowly learning Twisted and Stackless concepts. So I
really want to capture newbie misconceptions, the
pitfalls, the "you shouldn't do that" advice, and the
cool things you can do once you get the swing of
things. And finally, where do we go from here?

One of things I will do is use diagrams to show
control flow in Twisted in Stackless. I feel the Abe
Fettig book and the Stackless literature would be
greatly improved if it has more illustrations of this
sort.

>One possible solution would be to run an open space
>session at PyCon in which experienced users explain
to >a novice how to get started in the Twisted
>environment.

Well no one from Twisted has contacted me (on the
other hand, I have talked a bit with Christian since
he has a Stackless and PyPy talk). However I would
love to help novices get on board.

Cheers,
Andrew