[Twisted-Python] Teach Me Twisted?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Jan 23 06:04:56 MST 2008

Hi, Twisters:

I've been lurking on the list a while, and wondered how much of a
Twisted presence there is going to be at PyCon in March.

The reason I ask is because of a conversation that I had with Glyph
recently.  We both agreed that it would be a good thing to have more
learning materials available for Twisted.

One possible solution would be to run an open space session at PyCon in
which experienced users explain to a novice how to get started in the
Twisted environment.

Of course the idea is that I should be the novice (I really don't know
that much about Twisted) and that you should be the people explaining to
me and (hopefully) leading me through to the Nirvana of twisted
enlightenment.

Naturally this idea won't work unless experienced Twisted users get
behind it.  I would like your suggestions for preliminary reading,
though I don't want around arrive at the conference knowing too much.

Is this a good idea?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119