[Twisted-Python] Detect idle in a LineReceiver

Matteo Beniamino m.beniamino at people.it
Thu Jan 17 02:55:53 MST 2008

I'm trying to parse messages coming from some serial ports and TCP/IP
connections using a protocol derived from a basic.LineReceiver .
Everything works fine. Now I'd like to detect when a client is not
sending data for a certain amount of time and add a callback to handle
this situation, but I don't know how to achieve this. Does anyone know
if  there is something I can do at Factory or Protocol level? There is
no problem in changing the LineReceiver approach with something
different.

Thank you for your help,
--
  M. Beniamino