[Twisted-Python] jabber/gtalk/msn with twisted using http proxy with authentication

Astan Chee stanc at al.com.au
Thu Jan 3 22:24:54 MST 2008

Hi,
I was looking around for modules that support jabber like
twister.words.protocols.jabber but the problem is that I can only
connect via http proxy at a certain port (8080) with authentication. I
was wondering if twisted supports this? I am firstly trying to connect
to MSN's server via specifications from here:
http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/general/http_connections.php and
before I start messing with twisted, I was wondering if twisted already
does this or can do it by changing certain settings; otherwise I'll have
to make my own from scratch. Next im trying to connect to google's talk
server (talk.google.com) which is abit different but still requires
authentication from the http proxy server and Im not sure what to change
in twisted so that it allows http proxy with authentication.
Thanks for any help.
Cheers
Astan