[Twisted-Python] Adding code to twisted

Justin Warren daedalus at eigenmagic.com
Mon Jan 28 18:04:53 EST 2008

Hi all,

Recent list activity has reminded me that I have some code that I'd like
to add to the twisted codebase. I've had a browse of the developer docs,
which seem geared towards patching, so how should I approach adding
chunks of new features?

Specifically, I have 2 pieces of code to add:

1. libsnmp, twisted-ified. This is my pure Python SNMP library that has
been successfully used with twisted for several years now, on both my
own projects and other people's. Adding this into twisted has been
briefly mentioned on the list before.

2. A ZAPI[1] protocol implementation. I built some ZAPI handling code
for ModiPY[2] that uses twisted, and I figured other people might also
find it useful if they have a need to talk to NetApp kit.

Is there any interest in having these things added to twisted? If so,
could the appropriate admins maybe email me off list about how to do
this?

[1] ZAPI is an XML over HTTP thing used by Network Appliance storage
devices for command and control.
[2] http://modipy.seafelt.com/browser/trunk/netapp.py

--
Justin Warren <daedalus at eigenmagic.com>