[Twisted-Python] Re: Teach Me Twisted?

Steven H. Rogers steve at shrogers.com
Sat Jan 26 10:21:02 EST 2008

I'm a lurker who's dabbled a bit with twisted, but never seriously used
it.  I have a large application that wants refactoring and Twisted may
help.  I'm planning to attend PyCon and if a 'Teach Me Twisted' BoF does
materialize, I can show up and ask questions, if nothing else.

Items of most interest to me are fairly basic:

>>  * event driven programming
>>  * Deferreds (making them; using them; debugging them; defgen;
>> locks/semaphors)
>>  * core reactor APIs
>>  * scheduling
>>  * using existing protocols in twisted core
>>  * process control/interaction
>> * gui/pygame/etc integration
I agree with Steve Holden that while the other topics are important, it
would be difficult to do them justice in one session.  If this BoF could
be staged early in the conference, and there is sufficient
interest/energy, perhaps they could be covered in a second session.

Regards,
Steve

"Every program is a part of some other program and rarely fits." -- Alan
Perlis